Saturday, January 29, 2011

Which type of sofa do I have? T cushion, square cushion or other...

A few common questions from our customers sound a little something like this:

Which type of sofa do I have? How do I know which slipcover to choose?

Well, in order to choose the correct slipcover, you's gots to know which kind o' ugly sofa you have? Am I right or am I right?

Of course I'm right.

Pottery Barn has divided all sofas into a few basic categories and made loose-fit slipcovers to cover said sofas. The first style is a t-cushion style. With a t-cushion type of sofa, the seat cushions come out in front of the arms of the the ugly sofas posted here:

The next category is the square cushion sofa. Again, we're going off of the seat cushions so with the square cushion sofa the seat cushions butt up against the arms of the sofa...such as the following ugly sofas:

The third category is "everything else". For this category, Pottery Barn created the dropcloth slipcover. This type of slipcover is like a big piece of fabric that drapes over the sofa. It is easy to install and looks great! Of course, the dropcloth slipcover works well for the t-cushion or square cushion type of sofas as well.

I will do another blog post on measuring for your furniture in the next few days. In the meantime, just sit down and have a heart to heart with yourself and admit to yourself that you have an ugly sofa. Admission is the first step to getting help with your decor.

And save the environment by not throwing that old, tired, ugly sofa away.

Take a look at our products and let us know what you think.


Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it!

No comments:

Post a Comment